early symptoms and plausible deniability

my first prenatal appointment is next friday. in the meantime, i'm still pretending i'm not pregos....never mind that i have to get up a few times in the middle of the night to pee, that my 1st love of my life (coffee) is making me sick and my favorite sleeping position - on my tummy - is becoming my enemy and hurting my boobs.

my equally selfish husband and i will sometimes sit in silence about the idea that our world that we believed revolve around ourselves is going to revolve around a little brat.

i still look at babies the same. i don't want to hold them and the very thought of changing diapers makes me cringe.

so, Universe - one question: when does the 'motherhood' bug kick in?

during the first kick? the first time i see it's eyes open? the moment i no longer refer to 'it' and say 'baby?'

i'm trying to take good care of myself in the meantime, researching all i can, but i'm starting to doubt google when i read about all these teenagers posting about their symptoms.....this kid is going to stay a virgin until wedding night.

so maybe, there is this life growing inside me. suffice it to say that it freaks me out A LOT.

who's really ready for a baby, anyway??

Comments

  1. holy crap girl! Congrats!!! Kids are so much fun (cough cough cough) ok seriously I never wanted kids and ran from babies too. You will survive..just keep reminding yourself that once the child is grown that he/she will be more like a friend then later on will hopefully take care of you, be around for holidays and all that stuff ;)
    I almost want another just for those reasons but it isnt gonna happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah! thanks, mitzi.....Right now, all I'm thinking about is the size of these prenatal vitamins, I mean, what the crap??

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Well I'll tell ya a secret..those things (and my iron pills) always made me throw up so I ended up skipping them all. Not the best Idea but if they made me sick what was the point in taking them...throw up/dry heave for 5 hrs straight after taking one pill or just feel sick...hmmm ;)
    Not sure what all is in those pills but if anything Id take kids vitamins..the all natural ones taste great..LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just Leila

Preeclampsia Awareness Month 2018