diagnosed with pre-eclampsia

this morning i got a phone call from my mid-wife. she said that the bloodwork she took on friday came back with numbers that were concerning. although she wouldn't tell me what the numbers were, suffice it to say that i am officially on bed rest!

which makes me (borderline type a personality over here) kinda crazy.

i realize that the end result is to be healthy for Ellie. she deserves everything i give her and this may be a pain in the butt, but i do want her to get as close to developed and full term as possible.

reading through google (bad idea) about the survival rate of a 31 week old baby and a variety of women who have also had examples of preeclampsia and i think my blood pressure was elevating just reading through all of these mommies' stories.

so what exactly is pre-eclampsia? according to my friend, mayoclinic.com pre-e is defined as high blood pressure and excess protein in the urine after 20 weeks of pregnancy in a woman who previously had a normal blood pressure.

hypertension runs in my family and my older sister had pre-e with her second baby.....although since i wasn't around during her delivery, can't really recall how far along she was when she had my niece.

this morning, my bp was at 145/98 and after laying on my left side for several minutes, it finally went down to 116/78. so at least, my kidneys are working!

so here we are. i went back to work to try to finish up as much as i could, but everyone was trying to send me home!! its going to be a tough few weeks......i started reading up on bed rest and what all i could do while i'm confined to the bed/couch.

i'm giving myself a week before i start going insane!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

early symptoms and plausible deniability

Preeclampsia Awareness Month 2018

Just Leila