the power of touch

oh, baby -

last night for the first time since you were born, i got to take you out of your little warm "home" and hold you. they call it "kangaroo care" - a term that essentially means, skin to skin contact - all snuggled in mommy's arms like kangaroos snuggle their babes close.

i got to smell you and touch your perfect little wiggly body. you are a mover! my little wiggly worm!

i don't know how i didn't cry then and there, but i held it together.

the most amazing part was that you KNEW me. i know being inside my tummy you could hear my voice, hear my heartbeat and smell my smell. i was so happy that you were so alert when i walked in. you kept moving your head when i moved as if you could see me so clearly.

and as soon as the nurse settled you in, all snuggled up.....you started to fall asleep....sorta...you were fighting sleep. you kept wanting to lift your head to look at me. kept moving your hand as if to get your dad to come closer.....

i'm sure you have no idea what kind of week i was having, but let me tell you - that was hands down the best present anyone could ever give me.

i'm learning to take it day by day, ok kiddo? i can't wait for many many more moments like these.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

early symptoms and plausible deniability

Preeclampsia Awareness Month 2018

Just Leila