Raising Awareness for Preeclampsia

I just participated in a focus group dealing with a clinical study on the prevention and treatment of preeclampsia. Listening to four other moms about their preeclampsia journey reminded me of all the emotions I went through during Ellie's birth. I was afraid, feeling completely alone and not knowing what to do and who to turn to for help.
Don't get me wrong, I had such a wonderful support system in place. I had people who prayed for me, hugged me, check up on me on a daily basis that during those 43 days Ellie was away from me....I felt all the love in the world.

But unless you've gone through it, unless you faced the same intense fear and helplessness, I went through the journey alone. To see and "meet" some of these women ....and to know that these posts and tweets about celebrating life, raising and educating people about preeclampsia and putting a very human story behind the pictures.... to know that someone took those snapshots and tidbits of your life and wanting you to continue to speak up, to continue to be a voice... to know that several women heard your story and wants you to keep raiskng awareness... to hear one of them call you one of many online social media leaders all because you wanted so badly to understand what was happening to you, your body, and your baby.

I know what I'm feeling now: apprehensive about tomorrow, but I am much more clear headed about a potential diagnosis, much more mentally prepared anout what may or may not come. I'm grateful that new research and insight is being done. I had a happy ending in April 2012..... I pray and so so hopeful that I get to repeat the same happy ending this summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preeclampsia Awareness Month 2018

early symptoms and plausible deniability

Just Leila