26 weeks

I remember going to my 26 week appointment, sitting down with my then-OB and being told that I was showing classic signs of preeclampsia. I remember being calm, walking out the door...... and pretty much googling everything I could find on Preeclampsia; the signs and symptoms, treatments and what it meant for baby and me. I bought a blood pressure cuff that day and began monitoring my blood pressure readings daily.

In the five weeks following, I started bargaining to God and simultaneously willing the protein in my urine not to spill, for my blood pressure to suddenly go, HA! It was a fluke. Your blood pressure is fine.

Those five weeks was a blur of moving from one appointment to another, visiting the Preeclampsia Foundation and praying daily. I don't remember much of anything else that happened during, to be honest.

I just know that my 26th week was the start of when my world turned upside down and 5 weeks later, I had Ellie.

I turned 26 weeks yesterday.

Yesterday, I was expecting the earth to shake, the blood pressure to spike, the swelling to start and my world to start on a collision course to planet Preeclampsia.

Yesterday, I took care of a sick husband and ran around and played outside with an almost four year old.

The earth was still spinning but no where near the collapse that I was envisioning. I am not set to visit my OB until March 11th - when I'm 27 weeks, 6 days gestation. I am still waddling up and down the clinic, greeting all the other mommies and occasionally comparing pregnancy bellies.

I'm learning to just breath slow and deep and really taking a look at my world, one day at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preeclampsia Awareness Month 2018

early symptoms and plausible deniability

Just Leila