4 weeks to go

dear baby,

so sorry I haven't written in a while. the doctor's visit this morning had both good and bad things. good: your heartbeat is strong. you're measuring at almost 31 cm (which apparently coincides with me being at almost 31 weeks.

now the bad parts: i've had some problems with my blood pressure. today it was at 135/98 and once i laid down for a few minutes on my left side, my blood pressure went down to 116/78. (which is great)!

i've put on weight (no surprise) but the doc is concerned with the fluids in my extremities. i've got a slight pitting edema and its not good....i went from a waddly version of myself to a swollen waddly vesrion of me in half a day's time!!

i've been on a low sodium diet for the past three weeks and as much as it sucks (did you know that there is sodium in practically everything)?? i know it'll be worth it in the end.
the doc also recommended that i cut down on my hours at work. luckily, i have the best people, not to mention the hours are great and there's a couch available to me.....and the fact that i'm the supervisor is another icing on the cake.

i've been doing as much as i can with what i've been given. as much as daddy and i love you and would love to see you, we want you in the comforts of your wonderful "home" so you can grow fatter, your lungs developed much more and your brain cells hopping and skipping along.

so stay in there, ok? its ok if you can't make it to your 'day' (april 30th) but i'd like you to try to make it to the 37th week gestation....which is roughly 6 more weeks. the doc wants me to hang tight for four more weeks (35 weeks) and she'll see what'll happen after that.

love,
a very concerned mommy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preeclampsia Awareness Month 2018

Just Leila

creator and a prisoner