daily best things

a friend of mine on her facebook has been doing 'best things about today' as her status update. while you've been in the nicu, i started to do some, partly as an update to friends and family that would like to know how you're doing and another part to genuinely give thanks about the daily milestones and blessings that come our way.

yesterday, the chaplain came up to me and wanted to know who you were, how long you've been here and was surprised that i was driving daily to see you. while gas is something i complain about on a daily basis....yesterday, my favorite 'cheap' gas station went from $3.64 to $3.74 in less than 4 hours... i still could not imagine NOT having to see you. even when i couldn't hold you, i wanted to be there so you can hear my voice and know (i hope) that you were never truly alone from your family.

so it hit home yesterday that i am truly blessed. i have the oppurtunity to do these daily drives and have the monetary and time to do them. there are babies in there whom i've never seen with company and others, i do a brief nod to their families.

these daily best things is one way to celebrate and acknowledge the blessings from God and truly how grateful i am that i am blessed.

as are you, little one. as are you.

Comments

  1. She is a blessing!! And I'm so glad you've been keeping us updated so that we can all continue to pray for her. I want you to know that I am supporting the march of dimes this year in Ellie's honor...I am SO grateful for the medical advancements that are giving her a head start in life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's incredible, Abigail!! Thank you! She's so precious and so glad that she is doing so good with her feeding and growth. I wasn't ready for her before (before I had her, mind you) but I'm more more than ready to have her home.... ;-)I appreciate your prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

early symptoms and plausible deniability

Preeclampsia Awareness Month 2018

Just Leila