Farewell to the working world

The season's changing, as it always does from what was been arguably been the LONGEST WINTER EVER!! I drove into work yesterday like I normally do; like I've normally done for five years. Except this time, it would be the last drive to work. My season of change is here. I am going from a working mom to a working-albeit-unpaid stay at home mom. A part of me is excited that I can finally catch up on some bonding time that I think I missed while she was in the NICU and when she was finally home, I only had X amount of time before I headed back to work. Never mind the fact that I feel like I already have plenty of mommy and baby time. I think I may just need a break and one that's a lot longer than the usual vacation. I need to recharge my batteries and just spend time with her.

I have enjoyed working for WIC and can tell you stories of some crazy clients, some whose life stories are hard to believe and then those whose everyday struggle is worth rooting success over. I haven't seen it all and haven't heard it all. But, for a few short years, I was thankful and humbled for being a small part of their lives.

This was no in way an easy decision. I really love, nay loved my job. At first it was about the money and making sure my bills were paid and my financial future was secure. The past couple of years I really started paying attention  and really learning and digesting as much information as I could to be a better Nutritionist, a better supervisor and a better advocate. My experience as a mom having survived preeclampsia made me step back and really think about what I need to focus my energy on. It's no longer being at work that's working for my family and I.

For the first time since I sat in front of an advisor all these years ago begging on what the fastest way to graduate after the nursing school fiasco......I have no plans. And unlike my frequent panic attacks during school........ I am ok with that.

I am reminded of Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Whatever happens now is not really "up in the air" as much as a plan that's already in the works by the Master Planner. Why worry now?

As winter finally gives way to spring, I will spend my days laughing, chasing my little ray of sunshine and fine tuning this blogging hobby!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preeclampsia Awareness Month 2018

early symptoms and plausible deniability

Just Leila