We're not out of the woods yet

It's hard to believe that I had a baby Thursday. My son, despite the early arrival, is doing amazing! He's had his first bath, we've already done kangaroo care and tried to latch him on to the breast twice. I'm just super excited and amazed at his progress.

And because I am a mommy, haven't taken into account any of my needs while I've been here. My blood pressure has decreased since yesterday. But this morning, it started to creep up. I was supposed to go home today. I was supposed to be home right now, wondering about how my son was doing and how Ellie was being taken care of at grandma's house.

I was not supposed to spend another couple of nights here, on the same uncomfortable hospital bed and getting blood pressure readings every few hours.

I was supposed to be out of the woods with preeclampsia, not swimming in it.

I'm trying as hard as I can to calm my anxious self but its not easy - especially when I'm in a hospital room. 

Tomorrow begins Preeclampsia Awareness Month. The entire month of May, I'll be blogging about the signs and symptoms, the faces of Preeclampsia, the NICU journey and other preeclampsia related things.

I can tell you already that it sucks. I can tell you how fast your world can change in an instant. 

I KNOW I'll be okay. I've been down this journey before, but just because the lay of the land looks the same, doesn't mean it gets any easier. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preeclampsia Awareness Month 2018

early symptoms and plausible deniability

Just Leila