do two positives make a baby?

These past couple of weeks, I haven't been feeling like myself. The hubs and I have been joking about pregnancy and when the day I was supposed to have my period came and went....the joking stopped.

What are we going to do? How are we going to make it?

Granted, we are older than most first time mothers. These days at the clinic, I see moms with 4 or on their 5th child and they're years younger than I am! The worldview and opinons and goals between them and I are more than miles wide. Sometimes, I feel like I do need to experience parenthood in order to make our counseling sessions better.

I took two pregnancy tests yesterday. The first one apparently was "broken" and the second one, well....let's just say that I didn't have that much pee left in me and 5 seconds is pretty long hovered over a toilet all the while trying to pee into a stick.

Sorry for that awful picture.

2nd test was a dud too.

This afternoon, the hubs surprised me with another set of pregnancy tests. The first one - positive. Okay, breathe.

Second one - positive.

For some reason, I'm still trying to grasp this concept and have been on wiki and google, babyfit, the nest, etc. on their thoughts and opinions on how accurate pregnancy tests really are.

I suppose tomorrow my first and only goal is to call to see a doctor. 2nd thing is bite the bullet and swallow that thing they call 'prenatal' vitamins.

Comments

  1. YAAAAAY!! ( I'd say those things are pretty much always right...I mean, sometimes you hear about false NEGATIVES but I don't think I personally have heard of a false positive!) you are gonna be AWESOME parents! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, abigail! yeah, i ended up taking 2 more just to be sure.... so 4 for 4 is pretty much a 'yes,' huh?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Preeclampsia Awareness Month 2018

early symptoms and plausible deniability

Just Leila